Before The Event - Or Upon Arrival Of A New Volunteer
Pray before starting. This can be done individually or in a group,
depending on the event. So suggestions of what to pray for include:
- Thank the Lord for the opportunity to share
His good news.
- Thank the Lord for providing a place that
can be used to share the good news about Jesus Christ.
- Thank the Lord for the resources and people
He has provided.
- Ask the Lord to open doors for the gospel
to be shared.
- Ask that people be receptive to receiving a
- Ask for wisdom and discernment in talking with
- Ask the Lord to give us a loving heart and
a humble attitude.
- Ask the Lord to guide us in putting the needs
of others first
- And, of course, pray as you feel led by the
When someone new arrives, pray together.
Continue in prayer throughout the event.
When you see another person talking with someone, pray for them.
After you've spoken with someone, make a few prayer notes in the
note pads that are provided.
- The name of the person, if you know it. Otherwise
write done a distiguishing characteristic. Such as "the guy
wearing a red sweater." Or it could be "the woman I
spoke with at 2:23 PM."
- Anything you noticed that you feel needs prayer.
- Anything that came up in the conversation
that needs prayer.
There may be people with whom you don't speak, but you feel prayer
is needed. It might be someone who rejects a gospel tract with a
few "chosen words" thrown in. It might be someone who
appears to be struggling, but who did not talk with you. Use one
of the note pads to write down a distiguishing characteristic and
your prayer request.
When writing prayer requests, please take you time and write clearly.
If we can't read your handwriting, we won't be able to pray for
those requests. Remember to give your note pad to your team leader
before you leave.
Following The Event
As the event ends gather together to thank the
Lord for what He has done that day; for the opportunties He has
provided; and what you have seen Him do. Pray for any of the particularly
urgent prayer requests fom people the team spoke with that day.
At the end of the event the team leader wiull
collect the prayer note pads. The prayer requests will be sent out
in the next weekly newsletter. Over 100 people receive the newsletter
and are praying based on the prayer requests we send them.
return to the menu